Tuesday 3 June 2014

TTT - Books That Will Be in My Beach Bag This Summer


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books That Will Be in My Beach Bag This Summer

This is kind of a silly topic, particularly because I haven't actually been to the beach since I lived in Vancouver two years ago (WHAT? How has it been that long??). Anyway, these are the books I'm most excited to read this summer, whether they join me at the beach or not.
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski 
I've been looking forward to this book for SO LONG. I have a feeling it may disappoint me simply because it's been put on this pedestal of longing for such a long time and there's no way it can live up to my expectations, but I'm still looking forward to reading it ASAP.
Buzz Kill by Beth Fantaskey
This sounds like a fun and funny summer read. I haven't read any reviews of it, but I'm hoping it's as good as it seems. I like mysteries for summer, and I enjoyed Fantaskey's Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side when I read it many many years ago.
I've heard great things about this book and it's been on my radar for quite some time. I'm looking forward to experiencing it for myself. It'll actually be my first Jenny Han book!
Ruins by Dan Wells
I figure I might as well make this my summer of finishing trilogies. It began with The Forever Song, and will continue with Ruins. I don't really remember much about Partials, but I am looking forward to this one. I love the world Wells has created.
The Last Forever by Deb Caletti
I don't really have a reason for wanting to read this. It's Deb Caletti. Do I really need a reason aside from that? It's been quite a while since my last Deb Caletti read, and I think her books make great summer reads.
Split Second by Kasie West
I loved Pivot Point and the way it ended made it clear that I need to read the second book ASAP. I've heard pretty great things about this one.
Cress by Marissa Meyer
If I could only read one book all summer, it would be Cress. I'm obsessed with this series. It's SO GOOD and I want to learn all about Cress and how she fits into this fascinating world.
Heartbeat by Elizabeth Scott
I loved Elizabeth Scott's books in high school, but I'm curious to see if they'll stand up against my now-quite-critical taste. I'm not confident that I'll love this one, but it should be interesting. It sounds like a fun summer read if nothing else.
Also Known As by Robin Benway
I really liked Audrey, Wait! and I've heard great things about Robin Benway's new books, so hopefully they'll live up to the hype.
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
Ugh, DUH. This one's a no-brainer.
I have a bunch of ARCs that I'm looking forward to as well, but decided not to include them in this list. What's on your list? Planning on spending your summer reading beachside? Sounds lovely, but unlikely for me! I

No comments:

Post a Comment