Tuesday 23 September 2014

TTT - On My Fall TBR

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish
Each week a new topic is given and weeks topic is:

Top Ten Books on My Fall TBR
Ruins (Partials Sequence, #3)
Ruins - Dan Wells
I mostly just need to finish this trilogy so that I can strike it from my list. I did really enjoy the first two books, so hopefully Ruins will end the series on a good note. I have this one out of the library at the moment, so it should get read in the near future.
Rebel Belle (Rebel Belle, #1)
Rebel Belle - Rachel Hawkins
I greatly enjoyed Hawkins' Hex Hall books, so I've been looking forward to Rebel Belle for ages. I finally got it from the library, so I'll be getting to this one soon as well. I hope.
Something Strange and Deadly (Something Strange and Deadly, #1)
I've heard really good things about this series, and Sarah J. Maas mentions Dennard in all of her acknowledgements, so I feel like I need to get onto this book. It's another library book. I've read a lot of books set in Victorian London recently, so I'm not too sure that I'm ready for another one quite yet.
The Diviners (The Diviners, #1)
The Diviners - Libba Bray
I'm a huge fan of everything Libba Bray does and am rather ashamed that I haven't read this already. I bought a copy from the used bookstore by my house a few weeks ago and am greatly anticipating picking it up when I get the chance.
Everything Leads to You
I read the first twenty-odd pages of this right after purchasing it, but then it kind of fell by the wayside because of all of the library books that took precedence. I'm still really excited to read this. I've heard that it's excellent and I loved what I read earlier.
I'll Give You the Sun
I'll Give You the Sun - Jandy Nelson
Words cannot express how badly I want this book. I need this book in my life. I loved The Sky Is Everywhere and have been eagerly anticipating whatever Nelson followed it up with and now that follow up is out and IT NEEDS TO BE IN MY HANDS RIGHT THIS SECOND.
A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1)
A Thousand Pieces of You - Claudia Gray
I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, the breathtaking cover or the parallel universes. I really hope this book is all that I want it to be. I believe in you, book!
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1)
The Young Elites - Marie Lu
So I only ever read the first book in Marie Lu's Legend trilogy, but The Young Elites sounds far more my speed. It's basically a villain's origin story. And it's fantasy. What isn't to like?? The reviews that have been coming out lately have been quite favourable as well, which is nice.
Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3)
Heir of Fire - Sarah J. Maas
I just finished the first two books in the Throne of Glass series and I'm kind of obsessed. They aren't the most innovative books I've ever read, but I'm so invested that I don't even care. I hope to order the series from The Book Depository (because they have my preferred covers in paperback!) in the near future.
Talon (Talon, #1)
Talon - Julie Kagawa
One word: dragons.

4 comments:

  1. I just finished The Diviners and I liked it. I've had Partials on my bookshelf for two years now and still haven't read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally give Partials a try. It's a really interesting series. It's definitely different from most of what I read, but fascinatingly so. I can't believe I still haven't read The Diviners! I'm glad to hear that you liked it. I will be so disappointed if it lets me down, but I've loved all of Libba Bray's other books so hopefully that won't happen.

      Delete
  2. Something Strange and Deadly is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I actually grabbed the second and third books because they happened to be in my branch when I went to the library yesterday!

      Delete